PDF Toolkit Command Line Tools & Utilities,
Java PDFTools (jpdftools.jar) Command Line,
Java PDF Toolkit (jpdfkit) Command Line,
PDF Command Line Tools Main Features:
* Quality Split and Merge, keeping bookmarks. Extract pages. Split on Bookmarks.
* All operations can apply to any page range, e.g 1-3,1-end or 6-30even. Collate pages
* Combine multiple operations in a single command
* Impose files n-up
* Create new PDFs. Convert text files to PDF
* Losslessly squeeze files to reduce their size
* Encrypt and Decrypt (including AES 128 and AES 256 encryption)
* Read and set info and metadata from a PDF file. Set and read XMP Metadata.
* Scale, rotate, crop and flip pages. Scale pages to fit.
* Copy, Remove and Add bookmarks. Build table of contents from bookmarks.
* Stamp logos, shapes, watermarks, page numbers and multiline text. Transparency.
* List, copy or remove annotations
* Add and remove file attachments to document or page. Extract attachments.
* Thicken hairlines, blacken text, make draft documents
* Reconstruct malformed files
* Detect missing fonts, low resolution images. Remove images. Extract images.
* Add printer's marks
* Add, modify, remove, or print page labels.
* Export PDF file to / Import PDF file from JSON.
* Manipulate optional content groups.
PDF Command Line Tools Feature highlights:
• General features
o Apply most operations to just selected page ranges of input files
o Decrypt on-the-fly when an input file is encrypted
o Use standard input and standard output to chain commands together
o Keep or change PDF File IDs
o Use a control file for parameters instead of the
o Linearize for fast web view on any operation
o Reconstruct malformed files
o Call from programs with full error handling
o Combine multiple operations into one
o Create new PDFs and convert text files to PDF
• Merging and splitting
o Merge several PDF files into one, keeping bookmarks
o Collate pages when merging
o Split a PDF file into several chunks of a give size, keeping relevant bookmarks
o Split a PDF file at bookmark boundaries (chapter, section etc)
• Page operations
o Scale pages (e.g from one paper size to another)
o Scale pages to fit
o Shift the contents of a page (e.g to change the margins)
o Rotate a page, in absolute or relative terms
o Flip a page horizontally or vertically
o Crop pages, or remove cropping
o Set a page's media, trim, art, bleed and crop boxes
o Add trim marks
• Encrypt and decrypt PDF files using 40 bit and 128 bit RC4, or 128 bit and 256 bit AES security
• Compress and Decompress the streams in a PDF file
• Losslessly Squeeze files to reduce their size
o List the bookmarks in a file (to JSON if required)
o Remove the bookmarks from a file (from JSON if required)
o Add bookmarks to a file
o Use complex destinations
o Build a table of contents from a PDF's bookmarks
• Make PDF-based presentations with transition effects
• Logos, watermarks and stamps
o Stamp a page over or under the pages of a file e.g to watermark
o Combine the pages of two files by combining the individual pages
o Add text, shapes, page numbers, or bates numbers to a page in different fonts, colors and sizes, and with transparency.
o Add multiline text paragraphs including justification.
o Copy fonts from other PDF documents, allowing the use of any font
o Add simple shapes to a page
• Multipage facilities
o Put multiple pages on one page (n-up)
o Insert blank pages to pad before or after
o List annotations (as JSON if required)
o Copy annotations from one file to another
o Remove annotations from a file
• Document information and metadata
o Count pages
o List page info
o List fonts
o Read document info
o Set title, author etc.
o Set page layout, page mode and Acrobat display options
o Read, delete and set metadata
o Add, print, modify or remove page labels
o Set producer and creator
o Set, create or read XMP Metadata and individual fields
• Add, remove, and extract file attachments, including other PDFs
• Export PDF file to and import PDF file from JSON
• Manipulate optional content groups
o List spot colours
o Thicken hairlines
o Detect missing fonts
o Copy and Remove Fonts
o Detect low resolution images
o Remove individual images
o Thicken hairlines
o Blacken text, fills or lines
o Make draft documents (remove pictures)
o Garbage collection of PDF files
o Change PDF version number
o Copy unique IDs from one file to another, or remove an ID
PDF Command Line Tools Product Details:
* Command Line Tools For Windows, MacOS, and Linux (Other platforms, e.g Solaris or HP/UX by request)
* Comprehensive manuals
* Generous discounts on multiple or developer licenses by request.