PHP File Integrity Checker is a File Integrity Monitoring Software which written in PHP Program Language. We are provide full source code, so you can modify it to best meet your requirements. File integrity monitoring (FIM) protects sensitive information from theft, loss, and malware.
PHP File Integrity Checker delivers a simple yet powerful solution with its file monitoring and reporting capabilities. File monitoring is a critical part of the data security standard to protect confidential information. File integrity monitoring (FIM) software has become an indispensable tool for any organization. It helps improve data security, which is important for any company and shouldn't be ignored.
What Is File Integrity Monitoring?
As opposed to other security measures, FIM solutions are specifically designed to monitor changes in files. The software typically takes a "snapshot" of your system, and then periodically compares that to the system's current state. When it detects changes to files that suggest unauthorized intrusion (like sudden size changes or access by specific users), it can alert IT or act to minimize the threat.
PHP File Integrity Checker is a security tool. It allows to monitor the changes on your files systems, and so can detect intrusions.
When a system is compromised an attacker will often alter certain key files to provide continued access and prevent detection. By applying a message digest (cryptographic hash) to key files and then checking the files periodically to ensure the hash hasn't altered a degree of assurance is maintained. On detecting a change an alert will be triggered. Furthermore, following an attack the same files can have their integrity checked to assess the extent of the compromise.
Use a File Integrity checker to detect malware threats
Malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs) often access and modify local files. PHP File integrity monitoring software is able to monitor your files and easily detect APTs, malware, and improve FIM security.
Every security breach begins with a single change. A small alteration to one file can expose your whole network to a potential attack. File integrity monitoring, in its simplest sense, is about keeping track of change from an established baseline and alerting you to any unexpected change that may represent a security risk or a compromise in regulatory compliance. Whether it's a phishing scam, DDoS attack, malware, ransomware or insider threat, your FIM solution should alert you right away anytime a cybercriminal is penetrating your system.
Sending an alert
If their file integrity monitoring solution detects an unauthorized change, those responsible for the process should send out an alert to the relevant personnel who can fix the issue.
Comprehensive file integrity monitoring flags user access threats:
* Keep track of changes in file data with an interactive dashboard.
* Get alerts when unusual file modifications occur.
* Demonstrate FIM security audit standards.
PHP File Integrity Checker highlight features:
* Provides full source code, you can modify it easily.
* Full PHP source code, supports Windows, Mac, Linux etc. systems.
* Standalone application and doesn't require any third party sotware.
* Don't require MySQL database, easily to be deployed on your server or PC.
* Use SQLite to store the hash values for your files.
* Send an email to administrator when detect some files are changed.
* Simple, fast and powerful.
* Support Command Line operation, you can run it in command line window directly.
* You can create a cron job to run this PHP script regularly.
* Verify File Integrity Using MD5 and SHA1 Hashes.
* File Integrity Monitoring Detects Unauthorized Changes.
* Keep a close eye on critical files with file integrity monitoring (FIM) tools.
* Windows File Integrity Monitoring on File Servers to Strengthen Security.
* Email alert supports SMTP and local mail() methods.
* Operating System: Windows, Mac or Linux
* Web Browser: All industry standard web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari)
Command Line Usage:
php.exe file-integrity-checker.php listfiles=1 folder=D:\downloads
php.exe file-integrity-checker.php verifyfiles=1
listfiles=1 ; Find all files in a folder and its subfolders, insert their hash values into database
verifyfiles=1 ; Verify hash values for all files from database
folder=D:\downloads ; Get hash values for all files in this folder, insert them into database
email=Your-Email-Address ; Send an alert email to this email address if some files be changed