PDF Margin Cropper Tool can be used to remove excessive white borders and margins around PDF pages for easier viewing on mobile devices. The PDF Margin Cropper program is a command-line application to automatically crop the margins of PDF files. Cropping the margins can make it easier to read the pages of a PDF document, whether the document is printed or displayed on a screen, because the display fonts are larger.
PDF Margin Cropper is a simple, lightning-fast desktop utility program (include a Command Line program) that lets you crop or removes the white margins (space) of PDF pages. It also can reorganize normal sized pdf's (A4, B4, Letter etc.) to be readable on relatively small devices (Sony Reader PRS500/PRS505, iRex Iliad, Sony Librie, LBook eReader, Cybook Gen3, Jinke etc.). PDF Margin Cropper is a best software to crop all PDF pages and remove undesired white margins from PDF pages automatically.
PDF Margin Cropper Features:
* Automatically detects the margins and can crop the margins from PDF pages.
* Can crop all the pages to the same size to give a uniform appearance (such as in two-up).
* Trim and reduce PDF margins. Change PDF page size by cropping.
* Support Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 and later systems.
* Support both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems.
* Has an optional graphical user interface (GUI) for interactive cropping.
* Renders and analyzes page images to find the bounding boxes, which allows it to deal with noisy scanned PDFs.
* Able to find the bounding boxes in PDF pages automatically.
* Can automatically fix corrupt PDF files.
* Crops rotated pages according to their appearance in the document viewer.
* Can crop pages uniformly based on the nth smallest crop values, which helps with noisy images or documents where a few pages have unwanted markings in their margins.
* Can uniformly crop even and odd pages separately.
* The format of automatically-generated output-file names is easily modifiable.
* Preserves document catalog information such as outlines if possible.
* Can deal with at least simple cases of password-encrypted files.
* Standalone software, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader NOT required!
* Use command line version in batch and unattended operations.
* Crop a hundreds of PDF pages in seconds.
* Support concurrent conversion, you can process lots of PDF files at one time.
* Support multi-thread environment, designing for Thread Safety.
* Drag and drop PDF files for cropping automatically.
* Able to retain minimum margin in output PDF files.
* Determine speckles which size less than special pixels, default is 20 pixels.
* Determine black borders which width less than special pixels, default is 8 pixels.
* Able to set temporary folder to store temp files.
* Able to view processed PDF files automatically.
* Able to process owner password and user password protected PDF files.
* Able to process all PDF files in a folder and subdirectories recursively.
* Remove the margins from all type of PDF files which created from scanner and Office and other applications.
* Remove the margins from color PDF files and black and white PDF files.
* Support all version of Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
* Support all type of PDF files, include text based PDF files and scanned PDF files.
PDF Margin Cropper Tool Command Line Options:
PDF Margin Crop Command Line v2.0
Release Date: Jun 16 2010
Usage: pdfmc [options] [pdf-file] [[out-pdf]]
-skip : don't overwrite an output file if it already exists
-margin [string] : Set page margins to output PDF file
-margin 10 : Set margin to 10 pt to left
-margin 10x10 : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top
-margin 10x10x10 : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top,right
-margin 10x10x10x10 : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top,right,bottom
-margin 10pt : Set margin to 10 pt to left
-margin 10x10pt : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top
-margin 10x10x10pt : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top,right
-margin 10x10x10x10pt : Set margin to 10 pt to left,top,right,bottom
-margin 10mm : Set margin to 10 mm to left
-margin 10x10mm : Set margin to 10 mm to left,top
-margin 10x10x10mm : Set margin to 10 mm to left,top,right
-margin 10x10x10x10mm : Set margin to 10 mm to left,top,right,bottom
-margin 10in : Set margin to 10 inch to left
-margin 10x10in : Set margin to 10 inch to left,top
-margin 10x10x10in : Set margin to 10 inch to left,top,right
-margin 10x10x10x10in : Set margin to 10 inch to left,top,right,bottom
-tempdir [string] : set a folder to store temporary files
-linewidth [int] : remove black borders which width less than this value, default is 8
-specklesize [int] : remove the speckles which size less than this value, default is 20
-$ [string] : input registration key
PDF Margin Cropper Tool Command Line Examples:
pdfmc.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfmc.exe C:\in\*.pdf C:\out\*.pdf
pdfmc.exe -linewidth 8 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfmc.exe -linewidth 8 -specklesize 20 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfmc.exe -linewidth 0 -specklesize 0 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
for %F in (D:\test\*.pdf) do "pdfmc.exe" "%F" "%~dpnF-out.pdf"
for /r D:\test %F in (*.pdf) do "pdfmc.exe" "%F" "%~dpnF-out.pdf"
pdfmc.exe -$ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
pdfmc.exe -$ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfmc.exe -linewidth 0 -specklesize 0 -margin 3x3x3x3pt C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
Tags: pdf margin, pdf margin crop, pdf margin cropper, pdf crop, pdf cropper, crop pdf, pdf cropper, pdf cropping tool, pdf cutter, trim pdf, pdf trimmer, reduce pdf margins, change pdf margins, crop pdf, crop pdf margins