EncryptPDF Command Line is a powerful tool that enables users to encrypt their PDF files by setting open and owner passwords. By setting an open password, PDF files can be prevented from being opened or read. Additionally, owner passwords can prevent printing, editing, copying, and changing of PDF files. With EncryptPDF Command Line, users do not need to use Adobe Acrobat or any other Adobe products.
EncryptPDF Command Line is a stand-alone command-line application that allows users to efficiently add, remove, or modify security settings for existing PDF documents or entire directories of documents. It can also be used to modify document information metadata and optimize files through linearization.
= Highlight Features of EncryptPDF Command Line:
* Command line application
* Support for wildcards using wildcard characters, e.g., *.pdf, abc?.pdf
* User-friendly for use in CGI/ASP/PHP/etc. (Server Side)
* No requirement of Adobe Acrobat software
* Ability to set permissions to all PDF files in batches
* Ability to set open or user passwords to protect PDF files from unauthorized access
* Ability to set owner passwords to protect PDF files from unauthorized editing, printing, and copying
* Support for 40-bit or 128-bit PDF encryption protection
* Protection against unauthorized use of PDF files
* Prevention of printing PDF files by unauthorized users
* Prevention of copying text or graphics from PDF files
* Prevention of changing or editing the contents of PDF files
= Why Use EncryptPDF Command Line?
= EncryptPDF Command Line offers the following benefits:
* Encryption - Supports industry-standard PDF security (RC4 and AES)
* Efficiency - Based on our PDF SDK, making it extremely fast and efficient
* Support for very large documents
* Built-in support for multi-threading, making it suitable for multi-threaded, server-based applications
* Support for all PDF formats (PDF 1.0 to ISO32000) and Acrobat documents.
= Key Functions of EncryptPDF Command Line:
= EncryptPDF Command Line offers the following essential features:
* Encrypting any PDF document using Crypt filters and AES encryption (Advanced Encryption Standard).
* Encryption of documents using standard PDF 40 and 128 RC4 bit encryption.
* Modifying security settings, such as changing passwords or security permissions.
* Complete removal of security from existing documents.
* Modification of document information metadata, such as Author, Subject, Title, Keywords, etc.
* Linearizing and optimizing existing PDF documents to enable 'Fast Web View' capability for faster downloading.
* Automatic repair of files with broken cross-reference tables.
* Configuration file for frequently used options.
* Support for automation and batch processing.
= Common Use Case Scenarios:
= EncryptPDF Command Line is ideal for the following use case scenarios:
* Server-based, on-demand encryption and decryption of PDF documents based on specific security requirements.
* Batch processing of PDF collections that require uniform security and permission settings across many documents. It is particularly useful in assembling product catalogues, brochures, and forms.
* Linearization of existing PDF documents for 'Fast Web View' capability.
= Supported Operating Systems:
= EncryptPDF Command Line supports the following operating systems:
* Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/2008/10 or later, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
= Two Types of PDF Passwords:
PDF documents can have two types of passwords: owner/master passwords and user/open passwords.
Owner/master passwords can protect PDF files from printing, editing, change, and copying. Users with owner passwords can have full access to the PDF file, which means they can bypass any restrictions imposed on the file. For instance, if printing is disabled, users need to use owner passwords to print the PDF files.
The second type of password is user/open password. Users need an open password to read an open password-protected PDF file.
= Custom Development Services
At our company, we offer custom development services based on the powerful and efficient EncryptPDF Command Line software. Our team of experienced developers can work with you to create customized solutions that meet your unique PDF security and encryption needs. Whether you require server-based, on-demand encryption and decryption of PDF documents, batch processing of PDF collections, or linearization of existing PDF documents for fast web view capabilities, we can tailor our solutions to meet your specific requirements. We also provide support for modifying security settings, removing security from existing documents, and setting or modifying document metadata. With our custom development services, you can have complete control over your PDF files and ensure that they are secure and protected from unauthorized access or use.
Tags: aes encryption, automation, batch processing, command-line application, crypt filters, document information, encrypt pdf, encryptpdf, encryptpdf command line, fast web view, metadata modification, multi-threading, pdf access control, pdf changing control, pdf collections, pdf copying control, pdf documents, pdf editing control, pdf encryption, pdf files, pdf formats, pdf linearization, pdf passwords, pdf permissions, pdf printing control, pdf protection, pdf security, rc4 encryption, remove security, security settings, server-based, web optimization