PDF to SVG Converter Command Line
VeryUtils PDF2SVG is a multi-platform command-line application for high-quality conversion from PDF to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).
VeryUtils PDF2SVG is an efficient, stand-alone command-line application that enables users to batch convert and publish PDF documents as SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), the open-standard W3C recommendation for high-end graphics on the web.
PDF2SVG enables high-quality conversion from PDF to SVG that maintains the original layout of the document and preserves hyperlinks, colors and fonts. The resulting self-contained and compact SVG files can be distributed, viewed, edited, stored, printed, and published onto web sites.
PDF2SVG does not rely on any other third-party software. PDF2SVG can be used in server environments or as a batch conversion process. PDF2SVG is also available as a software component for embedding into third-party applications.
SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.
SVG is used to define vector-based graphics for the Web and defines the graphics in XML format. These files do not lose quality when they are zoomed or resized. Every element and attribute within the SVG file can be animated. SVG files come with a W3C recommendation and integrates with other W3C standards such as the DOM and XSL.
There are many benefits of converting your documents to SVG:
- SVG is a W3C (Web Standards Consortium) standard format and is backed by a large number of companies and non-profit organizations.
- Free SVG viewers are widely available on major platforms and operating systems.
- Browser support for SVG is now common.
- Because SVG is based on XML, the document can be easily edited in a text editor. SVG XML content can be linked to back-end business processes such as databases, application servers, and other rich sources of real-time information.
- There are a growing number of affordable and powerful SVG authoring and editing solutions.
- Enhanced search capabilities. All text in SVG is stored in standard XML syntax and Unicode encoding that makes searching operations within a document or across large collections of documents a breeze.
- Convert PDF Documents to HTML5 / SVG.
- Output searchable text in SVG files.
- Preserve fonts in original PDF.
- Convert Images from PDF files to SVG files.
- Preserve image resolution in original PDF.
- Color images are converted to JPEG.
- Black and white images or with transparency are converted to PNG.
- Convert Vector Graphics.
- Convert Annotations, Links and Form Field Data.
- Convert Digital Signature Validation Status.
- Export Page Thumbnails.
- Support for CJK fonts.
- Support for latest PDF format.
- Fast, High quality conversion from PDF (Portable Document Format) to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) that maintains the original document layout and preserves hyperlinks, colors and fonts.
- Font support: Type1, TrueType and Type0/CID Fonts
- Color: ICC, DeviceN, Separation, RGB, CMYK, Indexed, etc.
- Support for encrypted PDF documents (40 and 128 bit RC4, 128 bit AES).
- Support for all kinds of patterns, functions, and compression schemes.
- Support for all annotation types.
- Compression and SVG optimization: Converted documents can be saved as SVGZ compressed files for fast web downloads.
- PDF2SVG allows for generation of stand-alone SVG files (i.e. SVG files with embedded resources) as well as for SVG files with shared resources.
- All text is converted to Unicode dramatically simplifying text manipulation, editing, and searching. PDF2SVG makes every attempt to map text to a Unicode public area, resulting in better repurposing and text-searching capabilities of converted documents.
- Font embedding and font substitution option: The font embedding option allows for reliable and accurate font reproduction. The font substitution option produces smaller files but may not produce 100% accurate fonts on all systems.
- Thumbnail generation.
- Option to extract document-level information that has no counterpart in SVG (e.g. metadata, bookmarks, annotations, etc).
- Batch conversion: Using PDF2SVG you can easily convert single files or whole PDF repositories.
- Efficiency: PDF2SVG is based on PDFNet SDK, making it extremely fast and efficient. The conversion speed is suitable for interactive and dynamic applications.
- Support for all versions of the PDF format (PDF 1.0 to ISO32000).
Command Line Examples
- pdf2vec.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out.svg
- pdf2vec.exe -firstpage 1 -lastpage 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.svg
- pdf2vec.exe D:\test.pdf D:\test.svg
Common Use Case Scenarios
- Server-based, on-demand conversion of PDF documents to SVG.
- Batch processing of PDF collections. PDF2SVG is particularly useful in assembling product catalogues and brochures.
- PDF content extraction and repurposing through SVG and XML.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows, Linux and Mac. (Linux and Mac versions are available in custom-build versions)
- At least 10 MB of free disk space.
- Memory requirement is heavily dependent on the nature of the document being converted into an image file.
- Browser SVG Support
- Apache Batik