DocSearch is a quick and powerful file search utility for Windows system. DocSearch provides real-time search by file name and file contents. Unlike other search tools with instant file search, it also allows searching by content string, date and size. DocSearch supports many popular formats and highlights found text in file name and contents.
Highlighting of found string in name and contents helps to find information
easier. No need to guess, why certain files were found. Search for multiple
string at one time. Exclude strings that should not appear in results. Full
name, substring, whole word, regular expression searches.
DocSearch is a quick and convenient utility to find files on your computer. Instantly find files by name or make advanced searches in file contents, date and size. Supports search inside many popular file formats, such as DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, Text, etc. formats. Highlights found text in file names and contents. Simple multi-tabbed interface.
DocSearch is a software application from the File & Disk Management subcategory, part of the System Utilities category. The app is currently available in ChineseSimplified, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish languages. The program can be installed on Windows 10, Win8 x32, Win8 x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinVista, WinVista x64 and later systems.
DocSearch software features and highlights:
* Instantly find files by name.
* Text highlighting.
* Tabbed user interface.
* Integrates with Windows Explorer.
* Searches content of files.
* Supports advanced queries.
* DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, Text, etc. formats.
* Supports both 32bit and 64bit systems.
* 64-bit support: Both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported.
* Unicode support: DocSearch comes with rock-solid Unicode support for all major formats, including Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, PDF, HTML, RTF and plain text files.
* Archive support: DocSearch supports the following archive formats: zip, 7z, rar, and the whole tar.* family. The file extensions for zip archives can be customized, allowing you to add more zip-based archive formats as needed. Also, DocSearch can handle an unlimited nesting of archives (e.g. a zip archive containing a 7z archive containing a rar archive... and so on).
* Search in source code files: The file extensions by which DocSearch recognizes plain text files can be customized, so you can use DocSearch for searching in any kind of source code and other text-based file formats. (This works quite well in combination with the customizable zip extensions, e.g. for searching in Java source code inside Jar files.)
* Outlook PST files: DocSearch allows searching for Outlook emails, which Microsoft Outlook typically stores in PST files.
Supported Document Formats:
* Microsoft Office (doc, xls, ppt)
* Microsoft Office 2007 and newer (docx, xlsx, pptx, docm, xlsm, pptm)
* Microsoft Outlook (pst)
* OpenOffice.org (odt, ods, odg, odp, ott, ots, otg, otp)
* Portable Document Format (pdf)
* EPUB (epub)
* HTML (html, xhtml, ...)
* TXT and other plain text formats (customizable)
* Rich Text Format (rtf)
* AbiWord (abw, abw.gz, zabw)
* Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (chm)
* MP3 Metadata (mp3)
* FLAC Metadata (flac)
* JPEG Exif Metadata (jpg, jpeg)
* Microsoft Visio (vsd)
* Scalable Vector Graphics (svg)
That's why DocSearch, being a content searcher, takes an approach known as indexing: The basic idea is that most of the files people need to search in (like, more than 95%) are modified very infrequently or not at all. So, rather than doing full text extraction on every file on every search, it is far more efficient to perform text extraction on all files just once, and to create a so-called index from all the extracted text. This index is kind of like a dictionary that allows quickly looking up files by the words they contain.
Quickly find files on your computer
DocSearch program enables you to search through extensive folders for a specific document, with its partial or whole name as a keyword. It lets you to perform multiple searches, by opening numerous tabs in its main window.
You can set the target directory, then press 'Search', and the application will almost immediately return a list of results, featuring all the files containing the input keyword in their name. In addition, you can set an exclusion list, so the search results do not include items of no interest to you.
Look for PDFs and other Office documents
Moreover, you can search for a word or expression in the contents of a file, including PDFs and Microsoft Office formats, without requiring any additional software to be installed on your system.
DocSearch also provides you with a "Modified between" mode, that enables you to set specific dates between which your target files should have been accessed and changed. This can prove particularly useful if you have recently worked on a file, but can no longer remember its location, or the software you used in to modify it did not save it in the regular folders.
Narrow down search results by applying filters
Similarly, the application enables you to set a size criterion, preventing documents that exceed or are under certain dimensions (B, KB, MB or GB) to be displayed in the search results.
Integrate into the Windows context menu
An interesting feature of DocSearch is its ability to integrate into the Windows context menu, so you can to search through the contents of a folder by right-clicking it and selecting the 'Search with DocSearch' option.
With DocSearch, you can quickly locate any file you need, by performing targeted search operations, allowing you to save valuable time and effort in the process, increasing your work efficiency.
DocSearch supports many popular formats and will highlight found text in the file name and contents. You can also perform quick indexing and DocSearch will actively maintain a lightweight database of file names for your convenience.
DocSearch includes a tabbed user interface allowing you to quickly run several searches from different tabs, excellent for retaining or comparing the results. It is also fully integrated with Explorer permitting you to utilize the context menu and other compatible applications while searching.
Tags: docsearch, file search, filesearchy, file searchy, pdf search, search in pdf, find text in pdf, mydocsearch, search file, find file, file content, search content, locate file, find contents, search in pdf, search pdf, search contents, find text, content searcher, docfetcher, desktop search, file index