DropFiles is an Automation Tool to Automatically Manage Your Files and Documents. DropFiles is a simple floating target image that you can drop files onto to quickly process them with the action of your choice. DropFiles allows to define a destination for each rule created and group several associations in different profiles.
When you need to organize files, DropFiles can eliminate much of the drudgery of searching and manually opening folders and moving files around. Drop a group of different files and folders on the floating DropFiles's image and it sorts them to defined destination folders, compresses or extracts them, opens them with associated programs or performs other defined actions.
DropFiles is also a Folder Watcher, this Folder Watcher is a powerful software which can be used to monitor your folders and complete computer tasks automatically. When files written into your defined folders, then Folder Watcher triggers the custom task, copy, rename, compress, unzip or even any program you specified.
You can define how to filter your files (by name, directory, size, date, properties, content, regular expressions) and associate one of the 21 available actions to perform (Move, Copy, Compress, Extract, Rename, Delete, Split, Join, Encrypt, Decrypt, Open With, Print, Upload, Send by Mail, Create Gallery, Create List, Create Playlist, Create Shortcut, Copy to Clipboard, Change Properties and Ignore). You can also organize your associations in profiles and automatically scan monitored folders at a defined time interval to process included files.
DropFiles Software Feature List:
- Drag-and-Drop: Process files and folders simply dropping them on the target image.
- Filter Files & Folders: By name, directory, size, dates, properties, content or regular expressions.
- Folder Monitoring: Process files and folders automatically monitoring defined directories.
- 21 Actions: Automatically perform an action on matching files and folders.
- Profiles: Collect associations in profiles and assign an image to easily recognize it.
- Comprehensive Path Support: Support absolute paths, relative paths, UNC paths for shared folders.
- Abbreviations: Support internal, custom and system environment variables.
- Alternative Usages: Support SendTo and Command-Line to process files and folders.
- Multi-language: Available with multi-language interface.
- Profile Encryption: Support encryption to protect your profiles with a password.
- Activity Log: Support log file creation to verify processing operations.
- Unicode: Support for Unicode encoding.
- Optimized Versions: Available in both installer and portable versions for 32/64-bit Windows.
- Monitor folders include sub folders.
- Complete file-based tasks automatically.
- Copy new or change files to other location.
- Delete files in monitor folders.
- Change names of files.
- Compress files to encrypted ZIP format.
- Uncompress ZIP files.
- Create filter on file or folder for processing or not processing.
- Build Log File for recording process events.
- Real-time notifications on file modifications.
- Monitor local directories or network shares including hidden/private shares.
- Include and exclude filter patterns per directory.
- Execute scripts/applications when events occur.
- Optionally execute any script or application when one or more file system change events occur.
- Pass in contextual parameters to your scripts based on the event information using macros.
- Execute scripts or applications silently in the background.
- Able to call external application to convert any office documents and images to PDF files.
- Able to print any printable documents to virtual printer or physical printer.
- Able to do anything by call external third-party command line applications.
DropFiles Software support following actions, currently DropFiles allows to perform the following 21 actions on your files and folders:
- Move: to move files/folders to the defined destination folder (for example to organize images by date and properties).
- Copy: to copy files/folders to the defined destination folder.
- Compress: to compress files/folders in one of the supported destination archive formats (ZIP, 7Z, Self-Extracting EXE).
- Extract: to extract supported archives in the defined destination folder (7Z, APM, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, EXE, FAT, FLV, GZIP, HFS, ISO, JAR, LHA, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, MSLZ, NFTS, NSIS, ONEPKG, RAR, RPM, SMZIP, SQX, SWF, TAR, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, XZ, Z, ZIP).
- Rename: to rename files/folders with the defined new name (using abbreviations to customize it).
- Delete: to delete files/folders with the defined method: Directly Remove (files are removed, but they could be restored using a recovery tool), Safely Erase (files are overwritten with the "DoD 3-pass" wiping method, to make them unrecoverable), Send to Recycle Bin (files are sent to recycle bin and are still available from there).
- Split: to split files/folders in parts with a defined size.
- Join: to recombine files/folders previously split (automatically trying to load missing parts).
- Encrypt: to encrypt files/folders in the defined destination folder (to protect your personal data).
- Decrypt: to decrypt files/folders in the defined destination folder (previously encrypted with DropFiles).
- Open With: to open files with the defined destination program (parameters supported).
- Print: to print files using default system applications based on file formats.
- Upload: to upload files/folders to a server using FTP or SFTP protocols.
- Send by Mail: to attach files/folders to a mail and send them using SMTP protocol.
- Create Gallery: to create a image gallery in the destination folder (HTML). In particular you can create galleries with several themes like Brochure, Circles, Default, Pile, SquareHeads and many others.
- Create List: to create a list of files/folders in one of the supported destination file formats (HTML, PDF, XLS, TXT, CSV, XML). In particular you can create HTML lists with several themes like Arrowistic, Casablanca, DeepGreen, Default, Precision and many others.
- Create Playlist: to create a playlist of files in one of the supported destination file formats (M3U, M3U8, PLS, WPL).
- Create Shortcut: to create file/folders shortcuts in the destination folder.
- Copy to Clipboard: to copy the desired file information to the system Clipboard.
- Change Properties: to change file date, time and attributes.
- Ignore: to ignore files/folders and skip them during process.
Automates all your file-based tasks
Folder Watcher helps you to deal with all file-based tasks in background, no matter basic tasks like copy, delete, rename, or customized tasks such as convert Office files to PDF, optimize scanned PDF documents and so on.
Execute unlimited number of actions
You can execute unlimited number of actions per folder event to automate your most common business needs. Folder Watcher lets you perform a nearly unlimited number of actions to save your time.
With using Folder Watcher, you can save a lot of time on dealing with your files. This smart tool responds to changes in monitored folders by performing a user-defined task in real time, really as soon as directory changes.
Tags: dropfiles automation tools, hot folder monitor, hot folder, watch folder, file management, batch file, dropfiles, dropit, file automation, monitor folder, monitor directory, automation tools, automate files, automated file, automate file processing, automate file management, file manager, sort files, process files, organize files, compress files, extract files, split files, join files, rename files, list files, gallery files, send by mail, encrypt files, automatize files, sort in folders