Best PDF Command Line Tools and API for Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
Java PDF Toolkit (jpdfkit),
PDF Toolkit Command Line Tools & Utilities,
More PDF products in VeryUtils marketplace,
All based on our own PDF technology and with a comprehensive manual.
PDF Editing Highlight Features:
* Quality Split and Merge, keeping bookmarks. Extract pages. Split on Bookmarks.
* All operations can apply to any page range, e.g 1-3,1-end or 6-30even. Collate pages.
* Combine multiple operations in a single command.
* Impose files n-up.
* Create new PDFs. Convert text files to PDF.
* Losslessly squeeze files to reduce their size.
* Encrypt and Decrypt (including AES 128 and AES 256 encryption).
* Read and set info and metadata from a PDF file. Set and read XMP Metadata.
* Scale, rotate, crop and flip pages. Scale pages to fit.
* Copy, Remove and Add bookmarks. Build table of contents from bookmarks.
* Stamp logos, shapes, watermarks, page numbers and multiline text. Transparency.
* List, copy or remove annotations.
* Add and remove file attachments to document or page. Extract attachments.
* Thicken hairlines, blacken text, make draft documents.
* Reconstruct malformed files.
* Detect missing fonts, low resolution images. Remove images. Extract images.
* Add printer's marks.
* Add, modify, remove, or print page labels.
* Export PDF file to / Import PDF file from JSON.
* Manipulate optional content groups.
PDF Editing Detailed Highlight Features:
+ General features
* Apply most operations to just selected page ranges of input files
* Decrypt on-the-fly when an input file is encrypted
* Use standard input and standard output to chain commands together
* Keep or change PDF File IDs
* Use a control file for parameters instead of the command line
* Linearize for fast web view on any operation
* Reconstruct malformed files
* Call from programs with full error handling
* Combine multiple operations into one command line
* Create new PDFs and convert text files to PDF
+ Merging and splitting
* Merge several PDF files into one, keeping bookmarks
* Collate pages when merging
* Split a PDF file into several chunks of a give size, keeping relevant bookmarks
* Split a PDF file at bookmark boundaries (chapter, section etc)
+ Page operations
* Scale pages (e.g from one paper size to another)
* Scale pages to fit
* Shift the contents of a page (e.g to change the margins)
* Rotate a page, in absolute or relative terms
* Flip a page horizontally or vertically
* Crop pages, or remove cropping
* Set a page's media, trim, art, bleed and crop boxes
* Add trim marks
+ Encrypt and decrypt PDF files using 40 bit and 128 bit RC4, or 128 bit and 256 bit AES security
+ Compress and Decompress the streams in a PDF file
+ Losslessly Squeeze files to reduce their size
* List the bookmarks in a file (to JSON if required)
* Remove the bookmarks from a file (from JSON if required)
* Add bookmarks to a file
* Use complex destinations
* Build a table of contents from a PDF's bookmarks
+ Make PDF-based presentations with transition effects
+ Logos, watermarks and stamps
* Stamp a page over or under the pages of a file e.g to watermark
* Combine the pages of two files by combining the individual pages
* Add text, shapes, page numbers, or bates numbers to a page in different fonts, colors and sizes, and with transparency.
* Add multiline text paragraphs including justification.
* Copy fonts from other PDF documents, allowing the use of any font
* Add simple shapes to a page
+ Multipage facilities
* Put multiple pages on one page (n-up)
* Insert blank pages to pad before or after
* List annotations (as JSON if required)
* Copy annotations from one file to another
* Remove annotations from a file
+ Document information and metadata
* Count pages
* List page info
* List fonts
* Read document info
* Set title, author etc.
* Set page layout, page mode and Acrobat display options
* Read, delete and set metadata
* Add, print, modify or remove page labels
* Set producer and creator
* Set, create or read XMP Metadata and individual fields
+ Add, remove, and extract file attachments, including other PDFs
+ Export PDF file to and import PDF file from JSON
+ Manipulate optional content groups
* List spot colours
* Thicken hairlines
* Detect missing fonts
* Copy and Remove Fonts
* Detect low resolution images
* Remove individual images
* Thicken hairlines
* Blacken text, fills or lines
* Make draft documents (remove pictures)
* Garbage collection of PDF files
* Change PDF version number
* Copy unique IDs from one file to another, or remove an ID
* Command Line Tools For Windows, MacOS, and Linux (other platforms by request)
* Comprehensive manuals
* Generous discounts on multiple or developer licenses
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions,