PDF Viewer for WordPress is the best PDF Reader plugin for WordPress. With this plugin, you can display and embed PDF Files of your WordPress Website very easily with a feature rich and nice PDF Reader.
PDF ViewerJS must be the easiest way to use presentations, spreadsheets, PDF's and other documents on your website or blog without any external dependencies. No tricks, no conversions, no unexpected downtime from external services, and no plugins required. It happens to work just fine in all major browsers today from the comfort of your own webserver. Download and unpack on your webserver and add one small text snippet to your webpages.
That is it: PDF ViewerJS does the rest.
You can view a demo page at here: https://veryutils.com/blog/pdf-viewer-for-wordpress-plugin/
Do you need to show documents on your site, company blog, intranet or in a web app? And you want something robust that will still work in five years, can work offline, doesn't depend on any third party services or might be (perceived as) invasive to the privacy of your users? If you are considering using hosted online tools like Crocodoc, Docstock, Zoho, Google Apps, or Microsoft Office 365 (all trademarks, no doubt), check out PDF ViewerJS, it probably fits your needs better. (If not, let us know, if it does, let us know too.) You can even give presentations directly from the browser, so it provides a great backup for uncomfortable swapping of USB sticks with slides when giving a talk.
PDF ViewerJS can already natively show both PDF files and many types of Office files stored in OpenDocument Format, the open standard for office documents. ODF is available by default in almost any modern office applications such as Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice and Calligra Suite. Because it is built on modern web technologies, PDF ViewerJS understands embedded fonts, so your documents look pretty everywhere.
Deploying and using PDF ViewerJS with your webpages can be done in a few minutes, it's very easy.
PDF ViewerJS WordPress Plugin supports ODF (Open Document, using WebODF) and PDF document formats.
What is PDF Viewer for WordPress?
PDF Viewer for WordPress is a simple WordPress plugin that Provides a nice interface to view pdf files on your site. Now you can embed pdf files with a nice viewer directly on any page/post of your WordPress website. Also, It comes with another shortcode with that you can allow a particular pdf file open with the viewer.
This is a great & useful plugin if you want to display pdf files of your site with a nice viewer like Acrobat reader. It comes with page navigation, Download, Presentation mode & lot more cool tools.
HERE IS A LIST OF FEATURES:
- Automatically find pdf links & activate viewer if you choose that option.
- Fully Customizable PDF Viewer. Customize the colors of viewer to match with your sites color combination.
- Embed pdf with a feature rich viewer on WordPress page/post.
- Brand viewer with you own logo (Customized version).
- Logo links to homepage of your site.
- Shortcodes with more parameters.
- Shortcode for viewing pdf file on any post/page.
- Shortcode to add a text link to your pdf file on any post/page.
- Fully Responsive PDF viewer.
- Style & Customize all the single items.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer & most browsers.
- Fast & smooth user experience.
- Retain Image Quality.
- No Third Party links, install the viewer on your website.
- No Limitation of PDF size.
- It uses jQuery to replace url's automatically which won't effect on your Site's SEO if you use the plugin on old site.
- It also has 2 Display Mode Full screen and Embed.
- PDF Embed is fully responsive as you can set the width in % as well as in pixel. Only height required to be in pixel.
- Compatible with all modern browser ex. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Latest version IE, Safari etc..
- Let your user see the PDF document in presentation mode.
Embed PDF in Wordpress
You can embed a PDF either in a Wordpress post or page or a custom post type through a shortcode. You can set the PDF to occupy the full width of your page, or embed the PDF in a size of your choice.
The rendered PDFs are responsive. On changing the screen size, PDF will be resized automatically.
View Secured PDF File
You can secure your PDF so that users are forced to come to your website to see the PDF. Even if a user manages to download the PDF, he cannot open it because it is password protected.
How does that (view password protected PDF files) work?
You password protect the PDF file, and allow the plugin to open it with a special key. The plugin uses this key to decrypt the password of the PDF, and open it. All this happens internally. We have made a special application in our website where you can get a secure key for your PDF, please feel free to contact us for more information about this feature.
There is a full-screen option available in the plugin, which enables the PDF to seen in full screen of the browser. The user will have no trouble in reading the PDF.
Download the PDF
The user can download the PDF by a click of a button. You can even choose to hide the download button, if you don't want the user to download the PDF.
Next and Prev Buttons to Navigate Pages of the PDF
The user can go through the PDF by clicking on a "Next Page" & "Previous Page" button. He can also use keyboard arrow keys to navigate the PDF. (top & left key to go to the previous page, down & right key to go to the next page).
Embed Any Number of PDFs in a Single Page
There is no limit on the no of PDFs that you can embed in a single post or page.
== Usage ==
Navigate to a Document file (ODF or PDF) in your WP blog's media library and press the button "Insert with ViewerJS".
Alternatively you can manually insert the WordPress shortcode `[viewerjs2 /path-to-some-file.pdf]` to embed any `*.pdf`, `*.odt`, `*.odp`, or `*.ods` documents at that location. (please change from viewerjs2 to viewerjs)
The plugin also provides a settings panel for adjusting the width and height of the embedded element (iframe).
== Installation ==
1. Upload the whole `PDF ViewerJS-plugin` directory and content to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.