PDFPrint Command Line is a Command Line application for batch PDF Printing.
PDFPrint Command Line allows you to immediately print PDF documents from the
command prompt. This comes in handy for automated BATCH scripts, and also makes
it easier to print PDF documents from your SQL stored procedures, which
otherwise have no method of printing PDFs. Besides the mentioned scenarios,
Customers widely use PDFPrint Command Line as an alternative means to implement
PDF printing from any programming language, by avoiding references to external
pdfprint.exe "c:\test folder\test.pdf"
This will print out the whole test.pdf document to the default printer.
pdfprint.exe -setcopyto -copies 5 -printer "Canon MX440 MP" -shell "c:\documents\test.pdf"
This will print out 5 copies of the test.pdf document to the Canon MX440 MP printer. It will use installed Adobe Reader to print.
pdfprint.exe -firstpage 1 -lastpage 7 -printer "HP PCL Printer" printtofile C:\out.pcl "test.pdf"
This will print the first 7 pages of the test.pdf document to PCL file using "HP PCL Printer" printer.
pdfprint.exe -mergeprintjobs C:\testpdf\*.pdf
pdfprint.exe -mergeprintjobs C:\testpdf\test*.pdf
pdfprint.exe -mergeprintjobs C:\testpdf\files.txt
It will print all pdf files in the folder "C:\testpdf" using default printer settings.
Shows all available commands / settings available.
PDFPrint Command Line features:
- Command-line application, several times in parallel callable.
- Prints PDF directly on locally connected or network printers.
- Supports the various printer service.
- All settings can be managed via profiles (Devmode data files).
- Print based on the PDF elements – for a quick and resource-saving output or as an image file rendered from the PDF.
- Selection of available printers by name or using the default printer.
- Adjustable max. resolution and max. memory for the rendered image file.
- Adjustable timing for printing.
- Specification of the number of copies.
- Print Mode: Fit to Page, Original, Reduce.
- Scale printing output – in % – when output as an image file.
- Orientation – portrait format, horizontal format or automatic, when output as an image file.
- Supports lots of languages in PDF files, such as English, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, and Japanese.
PDFPrint Command Line more important features:
1. Perfect Printing. Print PDF documents to any printer you have. You can define the DPI, print range, color mode, and much more, all from your command prompt. Our PDFPrint Command Line is used by thousands of worldwide clients, and constantly improved, to offer the best PDF rendering engine available.
2. Watch Folders. You can set PDFPrint Command Line in monitoring mode which allows it to automatically print out any PDF documents appearing in a predefined folder. Share that folder over the network, and allow your clients to print their documents to a printer which is otherwise not network-enabled.
You can write a simple script to monitor a folder (e.g., C:\test\*.pdf), for example,
REM @ECHO OFF
for %%F in (C:\test\*.pdf) do (
move "%%F" "%%F.bak"
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 ] nul
3. No Need For Adobe
PDFPrint Command Line is a self-contained and in-house developed solution having no dependencies, it doesn't require .NET also. This simplifies easy deployment and usage over a wide range of PCs.
4. Standalone Binary
PDFPrint Command Line has no external dependencies and requires no additional libraries or software products to work properly. All PDF rendering is done by PDFPrint Command Line, which allows you to simplify the licensing of your application.
5. Printing - How to print a PDF directly, without opening it?
The following command line prints test.pdf on a network printer,
pdfprint.exe -printer "\\servername\printername" "C:\test.pdf"
This prompt command line can be used from command line mode to print PDF files without open them.
6. Batch Document Printing. Batch print PDF, HTML, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, PNG, JPG and 20+ other file types with PDFPrint Command Line software.
Tags: clprint, command line pdf, pdf print, pdf printing, pdf to printer, pdf2printer, pdfprint, print pdf, printing pdf