PDF Object Editor is a Low-level PDF Editor, it is a PDF Inspector which can be used to inspect the internal structure of PDF files.
PDF Object Editor (or PDF Inspector) is a Windows application to inspect the structure of a PDF file. PDF files are made up of a series of indexed entries that describe the file, often in the form of dictionaries, such as,
* Info Dictionary - describes the provenance of the file.
* Catalog Dictionary - describes the primary contents of the file.
* Page Dictionaries - describes the contents of an individual page.
VeryUtils's PDF Object Editor is a stand-alone, low-level PDF editor. It is an essential power tool for professionals working with PDF format. Manual editing of PDF files can be extremely difficult or impossible. PDF is a binary format and traditional text editors are poorly equipped to handle the sophisticated graph structure of a PDF document. Moreover, PDF data streams can be encrypted and compressed in a variety of ways so that manual editing is not possible. PDF Object Editor automates the task of low-level PDF editing.
PDF Object Editor is also a PDF Analyzer, it is an application which allows you to open and analyze PDF files. You can explore and control the internal structure of PDF files.
PDF Object Editor allows you to create, browse, and edit PDF and other object based documents at object level. This means that now you have unprecedented control over what is going on inside PDF. Analogous to XML editors, PDF Object Editor allows you to create and edit low-level objects such as dictionaries, arrays, streams, numbers etc. You can copy objects from existing documents, establish relationships between objects, modify document security: all within an easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface, resulting in vast improvements in productivity.
The key features and practical applications of PDF Object Editor equip users with significant productivity gains and power over PDF files and other object based documents, making it a valuable tool for every PDF expert. PDF Object Editor is a stand-alone application. Therefore, additional Acrobat licenses are not required.
* Intuitive user interface for browsing, editing and creating PDF and other
object based documents.
* Support for standard 40 and 128 bit PDF security.
* Support for various compression schemes.
* Content extraction (it is very easy to extract images, fonts, content streams, etc.).
PDF Object Editor Key Functions:
* Security settings editor.
* Incremental save.
* Document information editor.
* Unused object removal (a garbage collector for PDF files).
* Document information editor.
* Drag and drop, copy and paste.
* Integrated file repair utility that can fix files with broken cross reference table.
* Inspect the internal structure of PDF files.
* Simple graphical representation of the complex PDF structure
* Dump streams to files.
* Render page to specific paper size
* General PDF Information
* Search through the PDF structure
* ASCII or HEX view of streams
Common Use Case Scenarios:
* Edit documents: modify existing data, create new objects, or import objects from existing documents
* Navigate and explore the low-level object hierarchy of a PDF file for the purpose of debugging, preflighting, etc.
* View or extract stream data such as page description, images, fonts, and embedded files.
* Inspect and modify document information (e.g. title, subject, keywords, etc.)
* Use document rebuild functionality to fix files ( e.g. files with broken cross reference tables).
* Remove unused objects (e.g. objects that are not referenced).
* Create a new document from scratch.
* Perform high-level operations on the document using a small set of atomic operations: insert/delete pages, edit bookmarks, annotations, and other high-level constructs.
* Inspect, add, remove, and modify security and permissions settings for the document.
Operating Systems Supported:
* At least 3 MB of free disk space.
* Memory requirement is dependent on source document being edited.