EMF/PDF/Image Virtual Printer Driver SDK for Windows Developers Royalty Free.
EMF/PDF/Image Virtual Printer Driver SDK is a Windows virtual printer driver for developers. EMF/PDF/Image Virtual Printer Driver SDK is a virtual printer which based on Universal Printer Driver. The Universal Printer Driver (Unidrv) is the Microsoft Corporation's standard printer driver for non-PostScript printers.
EMF Printer Driver can convert any printable file into an Enhanced Metafile (EMF). Since the EMF format is a vector format, metafiles are used primarily by applications that require further processing of the printed documents. EMF Printer Driver can also extract ASCII text from a printed file in addition to generating EMF output. EMF Printer Driver are Royalty Free allowing developers to bundle and distribute the EMF Printer Driver as part of their own application with no per user fees.
EMF Printer Driver API/Resource Toolkit (RTK) enables developers to control every aspect of document creation. The EMF Printer Driver API includes more functions and methods for C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and Delphi developers to control the document printing and conversion processes.
EMF Virtual Printer Driver is based on virtual printing technology and designed for Win 9X/2K/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10/2008/2012/ and later systems, include R1 & R2, 32 and 64 bit OS.
EMF Virtual Printer Driver SDK supports more advanced features:
- Strong installation. Fix wrong Windows configuration may cause install printer failure.
- Support shared printer, support Citrix MetaFrame & Citrix Presentation Server, Windows Terminal Service.
- Redirect print job to another printer, really support POS printer.
- Allow you to call your own Pre-Processing application or Plug-in dll to handle job conversion, you can change SDK settings dynamically or do something you want.
- Fast printing.
- High resolution (DPI) support.
- API for Developers.
- Support EMF file which uses Embedded Adobe PDF fonts (printed from Adobe PDF products).
- Provide tools for changing DPI / Paper Size.
- EMF to PDF, WMF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, PCX, TXT, PCL, XPS, SPL ( .SPL, Print Spooling File ).
- HTML to PDF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, PCX, TXT, EMF, WMF, PCL, XPS, SPL ( .SPL, Print Spooling File ).
- SPL ( .SPL, Print Spooling File ) to PDF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, PCX, TXT, EMF, WMF, PCL, XPS.
- Print to EMF files and then combine EMF files to a searchable PDF.
- Print to image (BMP, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.) (extension module only).
- Print to multi-page TIFF file, Color or Monochrome TIFF printer driver (extension module only).
- Print to text (ANSI, UTF-8 or Unicode) (extension module only).
- Print to XPS, PCL, EPS, Postscript, etc. formats (extension module only).
- Can act as a print server with shared printing, supports terminal services and works in a domain.
- Print job redirection to hardware printer (extension module only).
- Print job management: document modification, cancel printing;
- Add watermarks to documents with many configuration options (extension module only).
- Upload files using FTP/FTPS/SFTP (extension module only).
- ESC/POS receipt parser (virtual POS printer) (extension module only).
- Early Access: allows to obtain converted files right after User start print a document.
- N-Up feature: allows to print 2, 4, 6, 9 or 16 pages per sheet (extension module only).
- Supported OS (both x86 and x64): Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 and later systems.
- Email printed documents as attachment, Content Based Email Sending (extension module only).
- Upload to FTP site with SSL (extension module only).
- Upload to Web with HTTP and HTTPS (extension module only).
- OCR - Optical Character Recognition (extension module only).
- Redirect printing to additional printers (extension module only).
- Extract ASCII & UNICODE text from the printed document (extension module only).
- Full control over the output directory.
- Debug Logging to speed up troubleshooting.
- File name generation (including custom file naming).
- Start an application before or after printing.
- Post-printing options including opening in default viewer.
Custom Development Service
- You can use our custom development service if you need to implement any
non-trivial business logic, extend or customize installer. We can add any
required features to the driver. Please feel free to contact us and describe
your technical specifications in order to get estimate.
If you are a software developer, our Custom Virtual Printer SDK will help you to:
- Add "Print to PDF" or "Print to EMF" or "Print to Database" function into your application.
- Generate an output in the form of standard raster or vector formats from your program (or from any other software application meant to produce printing forms).
Supported output formats:
- EMF, WMF
- TIFF with various compressions including CCITT fax compression. Virtual printer also supports the special fax – resolutions such as 204×98 and 204×196 DPI.
- Multi-page TIFF and Single Page TIFF files.
- JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TGA, PCX, etc.
- Plain text in different encodings (ANSI, UTF-8 or Unicode).
- EPS, PostScript (without convert from PS to other formats).
EMF Virtual Printer Driver is also able to redirect the print job to other
printers. Thus, when sending the document to the printer, you can save it in the
set format (PDF, EMF, WMF, PCL, PS, EPS, XPS, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, TXT) and
print it in paper form on the physical printer at the same time. You can also
modify a virtual-printed document before sending it for actual printing.
EMF Virtual Printer Driver can be used to import any documents from other applications. Imported documents can be converted to your format with the use of an EMF format.
EMF Virtual Printer Driver supports the custom paper sizes of up to 33×46 inch, various resolutions from 100 to 2400 DPI, and multilanguage interface. You will get a printer with desired name, driver installation and uninstallation module, and integration instructions with the samples.
EMF Virtual Printer is royalty free. The fee that you pay when you purchase the virtual printer is your only expense. We do not charge any consecutive royalties. You can use the printer with your applications without any additional fees. We will make all additional customization to make sure that the printer fully conforms to your requirements.
How the Virtual Printer Works?
- The user prints a document to the virtual printer from any application.
- The virtual printer intercepts the print job and saves each printed page as EMF file.
- The virtual printer converts EMF files to specified output formats. All files are saved in the current user temporary directory or specified output directory.
- The virtual printer creates an INI file with print job information and paths to the generated files.
- The virtual printer sends the path of this INI file to a specified application using one of following transfer modes:
- Command line transfer mode. The virtual printer will run the specified application with the path of the INI file in the command line parameters.
- WM_COPYDATA transfer mode. The printer runs the specified application (or looks for a running instance) and sends it the path of the INI file using a WM_COPYDATA message.
- Named pipe transfer mode. The printer runs the specified application and sends it the path of the INI file using a named pipe.
- Your application receives the INI file and parses it. Now you can perform any final actions (moving files, transferring files, etc.) You should delete files from the output directory when you are finished.
If you have any question for this product, please feel free to contact us, we
are glad to assist you asap,
Tags: email pdf, emf printer, emf printer driver, emf to pcl, emf to pdf, emf to xps, emf virtual printer, image printer, image printer driver, jpg printer, jpg printer driver, jpg virtual printer, metafile printer, metafile printer driver, pdf printer, pdf printer driver, png printer, png printer driver, print to emf, print to pdf, printing to emf, printing to pdf, tif printer, tif printer driver, tif virtual printer, tiff printer, tiff printer driver, virtual printer, virtual printer driver, wme printer driver, wmf printer, wmf to pcl, wmf to pdf, wmf to xps, wmf virtual printer