PHP Folder Watcher is a PHP Script to monitor folders recursively, it's also support xcopy function to backup files.
PHP Folder Watcher is a convenient, automated way to monitor folders at
background. PHP Folder Watch monitors one or more folders on your computer for
new files. When a file is added to a monitored folder, it will call external
script or application to process this new file automatically.
PHP Folder Watcher is especially useful for quickly posting scanned documents to a folder. If you save a scanned document to a folder that is being monitored by PHP Folder Watch, the file posting workflow begins automatically.
PHP Watch Directory automates all your file-based tasks!
Just for example - you can tell PHP Watch Directory to monitor a directory and automatically copy any new files to another location. Or perhaps have it compress (ZIP), email, compress, encrypt, upload or delete the files. This is all automatic! Never forget to copy that file again!
PHP File and Folder Watcher continuously monitors one or more folders for new files. When new files arrive, File and Folder Watcher then triggers a custom action, such as running a second program with the new files.
- Support to monitor a folder and its sub-folders.
- Watch a folder constantly for new files and run an application to process new files.
- Watch folder and trigger Copy files Action on file creation.
- Support customized file types, such as *.pdf, *.jpg, *.bmp, *.tif, etc.
- Support backup folder for processed files, move processed files to backup folder automatically.
- Able to create output folder and backup folder automatically.
- Support same directory structures for original, output and backup
Original Folder: D:\input\test1\test.pdf
Output Folder will be: D:\output\test1\test.pdf
Backup Folder will be: D:\backup\test1\test.pdf
- Waiting for XXX seconds between conversion actions.
- Call an external EXE or script for files which be placed in the input folder.
- Good log message to let you understand what happening easily.
- Support Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Rename output and backup files automatically to avoid the overwrite problem.
- Write log message to disk file for debug at later.
- Support directory tree for input, output and backup folders.
- Watch folder and copy files.
- Full PHP script source code, you can modify and reuse the source code easily.
- You can call/run any script or external application from this script.
- Customizable polling interval.
- Watch folders recursively or non-recursively.
- Monitor a folder for new files, execute copying/moving/conversion/compression/encryption/etc. functions.
- Monitor a folder on server 1 and if a .txt file appears, copy the .txt file over to a folder on server 2. (Require a custom-build version)
- Automate your repetitive tasks.
- File / Folder Watcher monitors files or folders in a specified folder and its subfolders.
- Monitor an unlimited number of folders, including subfolders.
- Copy, move, email, print actions, and custom actions via VBScript/JScript integration.
Set input, output and backup folders first, then run it and stop worrying. Trust PHP Watch Directory to monitor your directories and respond correctly, time after time.
Never have to manually check that directory again! PHP Watch Directory does it for you!
10 minutes saved per day equals 60 hours per year! How much is your time worth?
PHP Watch Directory responds in real time, as soon a directory changes.
Compare that to manually checking the same directories twice daily - you could be 4 hours late!
Files are only processed when they have finished being written to disk - so huge video files (100MB - 10GB or more) will not be processed prematurely.
PHP Folder Watch can be extended to support following powerful functions,
- Copy files to multiple locations.
- Automatically play a sound for new Files, e.g., play a WAV sound when new files are detected.
- Automatically Email when files are created/deleted. Receive E-Mail notifications for new files.
- Automatically Delete Files.
- Automatically Upload (ftp) Files. Publish your files on the Web!
- Automatically create thumbnails for your pictures. Smaller pictures load faster on the Web.
- Automatically Generate HTML. Create a gallery for your pictures.
- Automatically Generate auditing reports for changed/deleted files (Who Did It?)
- Automatically start .bat scripts, or automate Everything!
- Automatically Compress (zip) files. Save disk space.
- Automatically Uncompress (unzip) files
- Automatically Copy Files.
- Monitor a folder and trigger a command-line action when a file is created.
- Pre-process photos as you take them, using Adobe Droplets.
- Process incoming FTP files.
- Automatically distil PDF files.
- Process email attachments when they are saved to disk.
- Load new files into a database.
- Quickly and easily trigger business processes when files are created.
Watch Hot Folders and Automatically Process Incoming Files
PHP Folder Watcher is a PHP script that watches defined hot folders and automatically converts incoming files or prints them on a specified printer. PHP Folder Watcher provides an easy way to automate routine document processing tasks and establish a document flow in an enterprise environment. You may define folders for monitoring and set actions to perform on incoming files. After this, it will be as simple for employees to print or convert documents as it is to copy files!
- Automatically Fax incoming documents.
- Automatically prints incoming documents on a defined printer. You can use any printer you want: local, network or even a virtual printer.
- Automatically converts incoming Word documents, PDF files, Excel spreadsheets, HTML files, images and other document types to PDF, JPEG or TIFF format.
- more and more ......
More functions can be implemented easily, if you are interest in these functions, please feel free to let us know, we are glad to develop them to you.