PDFCompressor-CL is a command line application based on our PDFCompressor component and serves to optimize and compress PDFs. Depending on the settings and content, PDF files can therefore be reduced many times over.
- Command line application.
- Compress PDF files many times depending on the initial situation and settings.
- Multithreading / parallel processing ensures high processing throughput.
- Processes – PDF single files, lists of text files, folders, and entire folder structures.
- Configuration via user interface.
- Compression profiles (as XML) for managing the configuration settings (New, Copy, Rename, Delete, Import, Export (Single, All).
- Removed – unused pages, unused names, invalid bookmarks, invalid links, etc..
- ZIP compression of all PDF resources.
- Optimizing the color depth of images.
- Image Compression Change – Color, Grayscale, Black & White – LZW, RLE, JPEG, ZIP, JPEG-2000, TIFF Gr.4, JBIG-2.
- Reduce images – Convert images to new target resolution separately for color, grayscale, black & white configurable.
- Many setting options for JPEG, JPEG-2000, JBIG-2 compression.
- Lossless and lossy compression on JPEG-2000 and JBIG-2 configurable
Smaller PDF Files Without Compromise
The Lossless PDF Compressor performs rearrangements and optimizations of the existing structure of a PDF file to reduce its size. Reductions range from none to 80% in tests. The reduction depends on how the file was produced, and what it contains. It works best on files with text and vector content, rather than bitmap scans.
Unlike other PDF compressors, Lossless PDF Compressor:
- will not resample, reduce, or alter your images in any way
- will not prevent your PDF file from being edited afterward
- will not remove bookmarks, outlines, or other metadata
Lossless PDF Compressor preserves your document entirely, and conforms to the Adobe/ISO specification for PDF.