VeryUtils is hiring a unique Developer position that will allow you to not only expand your capabilities, but build equity in a unique adventure startup. As part of VeryUtils you will be able to set your own hours, work from home and even work remote. We are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code they are proud of and can hit the ground running. You don’t need a degree if you have the talent. This position is fast paced, exciting and has plenty of room for you to grow. With VeryUtils you will be able to grow your skills and also learn both Flutter and Firebase with a team on the cutting edge.
What does a PHP Developer do?
A PHP Developer writes beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way!
You will work in a team setting, with our management team to develop and integrate technologies from leading providers to bridge our content to our brand sites’ users. The environment is fast paced, casual and entrepreneurial! You will improve the relationship with our consumers through creativity and problem-solving, using a wide range of tools. You will be an integral part of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company, and you’ll have the influence and tools available to rapidly grow our business.
We are looking for someone with design and development experience, an interest in understanding consumer behavior, and the enthusiasm to push us forward.
Day to day duties of the position include:
- Working with our team to build new features and new products
- Troubleshooting the cause of bugs and implementing a solution when needed
- Participating in team meetings, providing input and suggestions
- Continually looking for ways to improve or optimize our technology
- Occasionally leading or mentoring other team members
- You enjoy the process to diagnose and solve code problems (Stack Overflow is your friend or better yet where you go to help others!)
- You have an understanding and appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation
- You are competent at testing and ensuring your code is cross-browser, cross-platform compatible
- You are comfortable using data to support and validate your concepts
- Flutter background
- Fluency with Java and/or swift
- Experience creating Material Design styled apps
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.